Race Field Limited to 250 Riders ~ Mass Start Event
Categories for Men & Women
- 19 & under
- Clydesdale Men 190 lbs+
- Filly Women 140 lbs+
Direction to Jackson Gore Inn:
Located on Vermont Route 103 approximately 2 miles west of the town of Ludlow.
111 Jackson Gore Road,
Ludlow, VT 05149
- Number pick-up and rider registration open at Jackson Gore Inn, Ice House Bldg. Friday, June 24: 5-7 PM
- Event Day: 8 a.m. to 10 a.m.
All competitor parking at lower Jackson Gore Inn parking lots, see signs at arrival.
- $50.00 until 6/1
- $65.00 until 6/24
- $75.00 @ race-site / day of race
- $15.00 registration fee for all participants under age of 19
- Online registration closes 6/22 at 3 PM
Start time is set at 10:30 AM on Saturday June 25th, 2016
General & Safety Info:
- Organizer reserves the right to break the field down into packs for safety and logistical purposes.
- All participants must wear helmets for this event – both the climb and the descent.
- Bicycles must be equipped with front and rear brakes and pass safety inspection.
- We are sorry but due to our unique course no unicycles are allowed.
- ALL riders will be held at the summit until the last rider has completed the climb and/or the course has been cleared by race officials.
- NO riders will be allowed to descend the course until the course is cleared by race officials and riders will remain behind a race vehicle at a controlled pace.
- The race start location is the parking lot area adjacent to the Spring House building at the Jackson Gore Inn.
- All riders must be staged and ready to start by 10:15 AM.
- The race course will follow the Jackson Gore Inn access road down to Vermont Route 103, turning right and traveling 2 miles along Route 103 into the town of Ludlow.
- At 2.0 miles you will turn right onto the climb at the intersection of Route 103 and Okemo Ridge Road.
- At 2.5 miles you will bear left and begin climbing the Mountain Road. From this point to the top of the climb the road will be closed to all vehicle traffic.
- The overall distance of the course is 5.8 miles which includes the 2 mile stretch of Route 103 into Ludlow and Mountain Road being 3.8 miles on paved roads the full distance.
- The climb includes sharp turns and very steep sections.
- The overall grade is 11% from the 2 mile mark to the summit.
Spectators and Racers:
- We will provide transportation of one bag per rider for the purposes of having extra clothing and essentials at the summit upon your arrival.
- Riders are encouraged to have extra clothing on hand in the event of inclement weather conditions.
- Refreshments (water and fruit) will be provided at the finish.
- There is very minimal parking at the finish hence cars may not be taken up to the summit prior to the race.
- Spectators may drive as far as the base lodge about 1/3 of the ascent.
- All spectators wishing to observe the race farther up the course must walk or see below.
- Upon completion of the event competitors and guests will return to the Jackson Gore, Ice House building for post race awards and BBQ lunch. There is a nominal fee for lunch for all spectators.
All proceeds benefit the charities of Rotary International and the Ludlow Rotary Club.
We Thank You for your Support!
NOTE: USA Cycling Requires a ‘wet’ signature on a paper form.
Please be prepared to sign a waiver and release on event day.
For the most convenient lodging options, either at the start or along the race course, contact the Okemo Lodging Center at 1 (800) 786-5366. Nightly rates from $49 pppd based on 4 people in a 2br Winterplace condominium. (Please mention “20% Hill Climb discount”.)